Production surveillance faces multiple challenges
- The asset has too much data to look at for too few people
- Issues are spotted reactively rather than proactively, leading to unscheduled downtime
- Surveillance engineers are overwhelmed with alerts, or they don’t know what to do with them
- The surveillance system cannot interact with enough different disciplines at any one time
- Surveillance is limited to only what can be measured directly
The benefits of automated surveillance
- Monitor more key performance indicators of the asset with fewer people
- Shorten intervention times
- Lower unscheduled deferred production
- Respect equipment operating limits more rigorously
- Lower downtime and lengthen equipment lives and asset lifetimes
What defines IPCOS Digital Asset Surveillance?
IPCOS Digital Asset Surveillance is self-service, on-demand surveillance with completely automated routine analysis. Engineers work in a supervisory mode and exceptions are managed collaboratively.
IPCOS Digital Asset Surveillance is context aware and uses analytics to enable effective interpretation of measured data in combination with physics and data models. This process and data model integration provides the holistic context of the asset, to model and predict the asset behavior and response to interventions.
IPCOS Digital Asset Surveillance translates system recommendations to action. It makes it easy to create action plans, work orders and follow-up procedures through automated and guided workflows.