Process modeling faces multiple challenges
- Nowadays processes are becoming more complex every day.
- The integration of heat and waste streams between the processes makes the behavior of these integrated units more difficult to understand and predict.
- With the increasing automation of processes, even the most experienced operators are losing touch with the process.
- Modifications to processes and existing control concepts must be implemented on a “first time right” basis.
- Because of the above challenges, the need to have good static and dynamic models of a process is growing.
- A good model is a regularly validated model that represents reality as closely as possible.
- Models are the core of Operator Training Simulator (OTS) systems.
- Design control concepts prior to the implementation on a first times right basis.
- What-if analysis to analyse safety issues, possible equipment modifications, etc…
Because of the above challenges, the need to have good static and dynamic models of a process is growing day by day.
A good model is a validated model that imitates reality as good as possible. Such models make it possible to do what-if analysis, test controllers before they are implemented, elaborate control concepts and build operator training simulators.
IPCOS delivers models for the processes in our core industries. Since we are technology independent we deliver these models on a whole variety of model building platforms.
The benefits of Process Modeling
- These models are the core of Operator Training Simulators (OTS) systems. OTS system are know to help operator to understand the processes, to reduce the amount of trips due to operator errors and to train young operators.
- Design control concepts prior to the implementation on a first times right basis. No risk for extra downtime or endless trial and error modifications.
- What if analysis to analyse safety issues, possible hardware modifications,…
What defines IPCOS Process Modeling?
Technology independent modeling solutions. IPCOS delivers turnkey static and/or dynamic models on all common modeling platforms on the market.
In depth process know how in our core markets like gas-processing, refining, petrochemicals, fertilizers and power
Active around the world