Distillation can become cumbersome when separating substances with very close boiling points, when trying to achieve very high purities, or when having to deal with 2 liquid phases. High reflux ratios, insensitive temperature indications, counterintuitive behaviors, can all affect the way columns are operated and make it hard to try and optimize the operation.
IPCOS’ experience with these difficult systems, has allowed us to find solutions that bring benefit either as energy savings, increased production, and /or improved product quality. The solutions found often involve a combination of better and redesigned regulatory / base-layer control, and multivariable predictive control.
In part 1 of this 2 part series of webinars, we’ll explore the way the regulatory control was improved. In part 2 we’ll talk about the multivariable predictive control (MPC) approach to sustain the benefits.
The webinar will be presented by Juan Carlos Duarte, APC Consultant at IPCOS.
After the presentation there will be time for questions from the audience.
- Date: Tuesday June 8th 2021
- Time: 11:00 AM US Central DT, 10:00 AM US Mountain DT, 9:00 AM Pacific DT
- 40 minutes presentation
- 10-15 minutes Q&A session
- The webinar is free of charge
- Procedure to participate:
- Register by filling in the form
- On June 7th you will receive the webinar login details