Learn to understand and optimize the backbone of your control system
IPCOS’ team of experienced control engineers specialize in PID tuning and optimization. You can have your loops tuned by our engineers, or use one of our PID tuning tools to optimize your PID performance in-house.
When tuning PID loops, a thorough understanding of the principles and best practices of PID control, and state-of-the-art PID tuning software are key ingredients to guarantee successful PID tuning.
IPCOS’ PID tuning training course covers all aspects of successful and efficient PID tuning.
IPCOS training courses are held at IPCOS offices, and can also be conducted at your site.
A standard course is 3 days. Courses given on site can be extended with tuning exercises in your control room.
The PID course covers the following aspects of tuning PID controllers
- Principles of Single and Multivariable systems. Before discussing the details of controlling single loops, we explain through lab exercises what different types of systems are used in the industry
- Process Modelling. PID loop tuning performance is highly dependent on the quality of the model that is used for PID tuning. The more accurate the model, the better and more reliable the tuning results will be. Modelling of single and multivariable processes will therefore be an important topic in the course
- PID control algorithms. Analyze and understand PID controller concepts, best practices and strategies
- Advanced Regulatory Control (ARC) loops. Analyze and understand advanced regulatory control loop concepts and strategies (e.g. cascade loops, split range controllers, etc.)
- Hands-on lab exercises with single loops and multivariable loops form an important part of the course. During these lab exercises you are guided through the Single and Multivariable modelling and control design phase using IPCOS PID tuning software (INCA PID Tuner and INCA AptiTune). You will commission the PID controllers you designed, and you will evaluate the performance of the loops
- The PID course allows for extensive discussions on general control topics. Participants facing a process control challenge in their daily work will find the course a great opportunity to exchange thoughts with the course instructors and fellow participants.
We look forward to welcoming you at our next PID course!
Do you want to know the dates of the next PID training course? Send us an email!